Fethry's cure(s) for insomnia (was: various)

Anders Engwall Anders.Engwall at eua.ericsson.se
Tue Feb 7 07:44:28 CET 1995

Jorgen wrote:

> > 71-45b    4       DD    En tr|ttsam s|mnkur [ap:FE] [D-coded?]
>
> I remember a story which could fit that title, but I don't think it's D-coded,
> but rather T-coded. Donald have problems falling asleep, and calls up Fethry
> to ask him if he knows a simple cure. Instead of just answering, Fethry comes
> over to Donald's house. In the last panel, we see a part of the city, from
> above, where Donald is chasing Fethry around.

What you describe is a similar Italian six-pager titled 'Bot mot s|mnl|shet'
('Cure for insomnia'), which was published in Sweden in the first issue of
1971.

As David Gerstein suggested, 'En tr|ttsam s|mnkur' ('A tiresome cure for
insomnia') could very well be one of Vicar's early works. The main gag here
is that Fethry's cure actually works. However, it is a multi-part cure and
Donald, sound asleep, has to be repeatedly awakened to continue with the next
part.

Anders Engwall				Email: Anders.Engwall at eua.ericsson.se
ELLEMTEL Utvecklings AB			Voice: +46 8 727 3893
[lvsj|, Sweden				Fax: +46 8 727 42 20
Brullt brullt brullt brullt brullt brullt brullt brullt brullt brullt brullt