Mickey Mouse Spy Comics; "AM"

H.W. Fluks fluks at pcssdc.pttnwb.nl
Wed Feb 8 11:01:10 CET 1995

AMcCon at aol.com (welcome!):

> I'm seeking information on some Mickey Mouse comics that came out in the US
> on Gold Key in the 1960's during the height of the "Spy" fad.

Those "Mickey Mouse Super Secret Agent" stories were written by
Don Christensen, and drawn by Dan Spiegle (the realistic art) and Paul
Murry (Mickey and Goofy). There are at least two 24-page stories:

"Assignment Time-Lock" in Mickey Mouse #107, reprinted in Gladstone's MM
	Digest #2;
"Aircraft Carrier At 2 O'Clock High" in Mickey Mouse 108, reprinted in
	MM Digest #4.

I seem to remember there was a third one, but I'm not sure. At least it's
not mentioned in our Database.

I remember only one occasion with a similar team-up of realistic and
charicatural art: the comic version of "Who Framed Roger Rabbit", by
Dan Spiegle and Daan Jippes. I don't think this was published in the USA.

Your Disney comics database administrator,
--Harry.

P.S. Fredrik: the code "AM" in Italian stories means "Arnoldo Mondadori", the
name of the Italian editor. They used to put codes like this in their stories,
before they used I-codes.