Disney-comics digest #592.

Don Rosa 72260.2635 at compuserve.com
Sat Feb 25 06:24:04 CET 1995

ELON:
	The MICKEY MOUSE IN COLOR book you have is surely the same one being
discussed here. Yours was published by "Another Rainbow", of  which "Gladstone"
is the funnybook publishing branch.

"Cdoberman":
	I am not the least bit upset that you think my stuff reminds you of MAD
magazines (though I'd rather you didn't say the MAD of the 1970's!) We are
products of our environment. Some Duck fans dislike my stories because I do not
do stories exactly like Barks'. This, of course, is impossible since I'm not
Barks. Or, more accurately, I AM Barks, but I am also Harvey Kurtzman and Will
Elder and Don Martin and Wally Wood and Basil Wolverton... I grew up reading
what my sister bought in the 50s, which were Dell comics and MAD magazines and
paperback reprints. I'm also John Stanley and Mort Weisinger and Oliver Wendell
Douglas and  Jonathan Winters and Alfred Hitchcock and Frank Capra and Preston
Sturges and everything else I took in in those days.