WIZARD Magazine

AMcCon@aol.com AMcCon at aol.com
Mon Feb 27 21:00:04 CET 1995

On Mon, Feb 27, 1995, Don Rosa wrote:

>WIZARD magazine, a hyper-flashy MTV
>generation magazine that concentrates on violent super-hero comics and their
>investment and resale values, rather than any aesthetic values of art or
plot

How right he is.  I recently edited a promotional trailer for a TV series
pilot being produced by WIZARD.  The whole time I was working on it, the
director (a veteran of several MTV and MTV-style productions) sat at my elbow
comparing Jim Lee and Rob Liefeld to Picasso.  I had never opened a copy of
the magazine before; when I did, I discovered that in almost every issue
someone denigrates the "stupid and unrealistic" stories of yesteryear in
promoting the (superhero) comics of today.

Every night after working on that job, I went home and reconsidered my career
options...

Arn
AMcCon at aol.com