Anders, David, Fredrik in digest #595.

H.W. Fluks fluks at pcssdc.pttnwb.nl
Tue Feb 28 09:31:42 CET 1995

Anders:
> is there anything fundamentally bad about
> Tony Strobl's original version [of "King Scrooge the First"]?

I think the Strobl version of the story is not bad, but the Schro"der
version looked so much better, Barks-er. Just like the Junior Woodchuck
stories Strobl inked: they are not bad per se, but the Jippes versions
are much better.
(I'm always having trouble explaining _why_... can you explain it, David?)

Fredrik:
> Knut Hunstad wrote, about Goofy History stories:
> > Where can I find a list [...]
>
> someone (was that you, Harry?) sent a list of
> all the titles he knew of, to which I later added a couple.

As far as I remember, I added a few stories to someone else's list
(Per?). I don't have a complete mailing list archive on my machine
nowadays. If anyone tries to find it in the ftp archive, look for
"leagues" (or "miles", since I called one of the stories "20000 miles
under the sea" initially..)

David:
> the censored strips would be the ones where DD chases a penguin with an
> axe (and succeeds in catching nothing). [...]
> HOW the hell can a kid imitate this?

The kids may chase all kinds of pets with axes. They wouldn't know that
that's only allowed with penguins.

--Harry.