Croesus (retry)

Even Flood Even.Flood at ntub.unit.no
Wed Jan 25 12:47:02 CET 1995

Don!

Yesterday was a Good Day - coming home with a new
Don Rosa story - sitting down in my best chair  - lighting up my
best pipe - open the package - smell the cover - admire the cover
look at the back cover - holding my breath - relighten
the pipe that went out while I held my breath - open the book and
                                READ!!!

My complements and thanks for the Croesus story! It is
long time since I laughed so much from a Duck story
as when I read the first two pages. (In fact I am still laughing.
People look at me. You have a lot to answer for.) My only
major criticism is the same as for all your stories: it was too short!
Of course I have to read it three or four times to get the details,
but it is still too short. And to all: Study those two first pages
carefully.

And I will comment no further on the story so not to spoil it,
but for those who are waiting: You have a treat coming!

As to the song, they translated the text from the original and made
rhyme and rythm out of it. I tried to hum it to what I remember from the
original Groucho Marx song, but could not make it fit. Anyway, it
made a good running gag, and the text had several double meanings
satisfying dirty old men like me, so they kept the flavour of the
original. Or some of it at least.

Even

Even Flood
Reference Librarian                            " Come, and take choice of
Norwegian DIANE Center                           all my library, and so
Technical University Library of Norway           beguile thy sorrow."
N 7034 Trondheim, Norway                                   (Shakespeare)
Phone: +47 73 59 51 62, Fax +47 73 59 51 03
even.flood at ntub.unit.no