Looking for Walt Kelly material

Mark Mayerson mayerson at sidefx.sidefx.com
Thu Jan 26 15:53:24 CET 1995

Hello folks.  I'm passing this along for Steve Thompson, who is the
editor of The Fort Mudge Most and co-author of Pogo Files for Pogophiles.
A series in The Fort Mudge Most (which is dedicated to the work of Walt
Kelly) is covering Kelly's comic book work.  The author of the articles
(Richard Davidson) and Thompson are looking for photocopies certain Kelly
material.  Perhaps readers of this list could help out.

> Richard Davidson wrote asking if we could find
> people with copies of the following issues, who would be willing to
> photocopy the relevant parts. These are ones we don't have, so we could
> use photocopies here as well. If you have any of these, and they can be
> copied, by all means let me know:

>     Donald Duck's Surprise Party-complete issue
>     Our Gang #7-OG story and both covers
>     New Funnies #69-Brownies story or other Kelly stories
>     New Funnies #71, 72, 74-Brownies stories
>     New Funnies #84-Brownies story
>     Raggedy Ann + Andy #12-Animal Mother Goose
>     Raggedy Ann + Andy #37-The Brownies
>     Looney Tunes & Merrie Melodies #6-Kandi the Cave Kid
>     Looney Tunes & Merrie Melodies #20-Pat, Patsy and Pete, King Hickory
>         Stickory and the Dragon

> I also have a letter from someone who says the cover to New Funnies #77 and
> a Woody Woodpecker story in New Funnies #109. I've asked him for copies,
> but haven't received anything yet. I have my doubts, but who knows? Anyway,
> any help would be appreciated by all, and properly credited as well.

Replies can be sent directly to Steve Thompson (thomp030 at maroon.tc.umn.edu).
Thanks for whatever help you can be.