Censorship

H.W. Fluks fluks at pcssdc.pttnwb.nl
Mon Jan 30 13:22:18 CET 1995

Geir (and Don and others):
> Re question about censorship in Disney comics.

> These are only a few examples and I am sure many other examples have been
> spotted.

My friend Daniel and I once made an index of changes in the Carl Barks
Library. Not only of censorship, but also restored stories etc. After
that, a lot of changes were discussed on this list, and I planned to
update our index, but I never got to that...

We also discussed some other censored stories on this list. I remember
a story called "The Black Sorcerer" which was renamed to "The Sinister
Sorcerer". And in one story Donald ate an eagle originally, but they
changed it into an other bird.

And then there were the dialogue (dialect) changes in the Brer Rabbit
stories.

I'm sure there was more, but this is all I can think of now.

--Harry.