Disney-comics digest ?714.

Bjorn-Are.Davidsen@s.prosjekt98.telenor.no Bjorn-Are.Davidsen at s.prosjekt98.telenor.no
Thu Jul 6 08:42:45 CEST 1995

> Subject: In search of Egypt references

   >   I need to find Egyptian references in American comics for a possible
   >  paper on Egyptology in the comics.  I'd appreciate any references
   >  people could send.

Perhaps the very best one is issue 4 (I think)  of Alan Moore's tongue-in-cheek "1963"
series, which was published for a short while in 1994 (all in all about 6 issues).  I'll check
my collection at home for this, to verify exact dates.

If you're not limiting yourself to American comics, one could point out Egyptian
references in sebveral European comics, of which I think most also have been
published in an American version. I'm now quoting from memory:

Bilal (and that other guy) have several albums set in a future world where Egyptian
deities viits the earth.

The Danish artist Susan Bech has two series, one taking place in the 14th century BC
where the heroess visits the whole known world of that time (Egypt, Hatussa, Crete,
Babylon a.s.o.) and another series set in our century in Egypt.

I'll check my collection for more this evening!

Bjo/rn Are

Bjorn-Are.Davidsen at s.prosjekt98.telenor.no