David, Daniel, Mike

deckerd@agcs.com deckerd at agcs.com
Mon Jul 10 17:32:19 CEST 1995

> DANIEL (about Disney stories set in Egypt):
> > I don't know if this story is mentioned already, but you also have a
> > (long) Dutch Verhagen-story taking place in Egypt.
>
> I didn't mention this one because it hasn't been published in the USA yet.
> Dwight Decker translated and scripted it. I think it is to be published
> somewhere in 1996. Dutch title: "DD en de tempelschatten van Gaos".
>
> --Harry.

Actually, that story is on the schedule for September 1995 in the next
issue of Uncle Scrooge Adventures (I forget the number). Gladstone's title
is "The Treasure Temple of Khaos." That's the one where I renamed an
Egyptian camel driver to "Kheno ben Rhosa," which is thoroughly bogus
mock-Egyptian but I've already mentioned it to the target of the in-joke
and he was amused. I'm waiting with bated breath to see if Gladstone left
it in.

--Dwight Decker