San Diego Con again, also USA 34

deckerd@agcs.com deckerd at agcs.com
Mon Jul 10 17:40:47 CEST 1995

Quoth David Gerstein:

> UNCLE SCROOGE ADVENTURES 34 is in the shops now...
> Backing up "The Money-Counting Machine" is a Vic Lockman 17-page
> story, "Beagle Bug-Off."  It includes...a hairy protest group
> demanding civil rights for flies...

Uh, David, considering your normally phenomenal photographic memory for
Disney trivia (which, to my sorrow, I don't have, so I'm always
misremembering things), I'm surprised you misremembered this detail.
Lockman's protest group is not "hairy." Looking at the panel, the
protesters seem like regular folks, even a little older than might be
expected. From your choice of adjective, I was expecting a caricature
of hippies 25 years out of date. Since Lockman has done fundamentalist
Christian and right-wing political tracts in the past (on his own, not
for Disney or other mainstream comic companies), I suppose such a
depiction might have been somewhat in character for him -- but he
didn't do it this time!

--Dwight Decker