Disney-comics digest #719.

Carey Furlong - tdoc furlong at ug.eds.com
Tue Jul 11 19:10:46 CEST 1995

> >        We are just beginning to think about the cover of my hardback
> >Finnish collection, and their first idea is the Ducks finding some sort of
> >trove of books with some Finnish titles.
>
>  Interesting idea, but quite boring in such.
>  "Finding books"!!! What were the titles in Finnish? How boring can
> you get?

Actually, finding certain comic book titles that you have spent weeks
or years searching for, and only dreamed of finding, can be anything but
boring!  It's more like finding Treasure!

Haven't you ever stumbled on a box of some ancient back-issues that you
had only heard of, and had long coveted and sought?  Haven't you ever
had dreams of finding a collection of old, and perhaps impossibly
unknown "Uncle Scrooge's" in some cluttered bookstore, and to your dismay
found them missing from your grasp on wakening?

I've lost wondrous piles of colorful old Uncle Scrooge's that way. (And
they were all NM, too!)  It's a hollow feeling to lose treasure.  Just
as it would be a moving, uplifting cover that could bring the excitment
of found treasure to life.

                             "This fabulous twenty-four carat moon, for
                              a handful of dirt!... Man! That's the biggest
                              bargain I ever heard of in all history!"