CBL reprinted / Hammocks cover

Daniel van Eijmeren daniel at maisie.ow.nl
Wed Jul 12 02:43:22 CEST 1995

PER:

> Has anyone seen those new printings of the Carl Barks Library that
> were sold in Westfield Company's catalog?  Do they really exist?

As you might know, I posted a message from Jakob Soderbaum in the
last week of June in which he tells a bit about it. But he only told
about the Westfield catalog, that they cost about $ 140 each and that
they started with the first three parts.

I think they must exist, otherwise there would be no publication
about reprinted ones for sale (?).

> Are there any changes in them?

Being the owner of the "old" CBL, I would also like to know. The "old"
set II already had a change in it's second printing long ago, they
published the sketch of the final "Pawns of the Loup Garou"-cover in
it. It was missing in the first printing of that set (they forgot that
one). But then, they also published that sketch in set X to meet the
owners of the first printing. (Maybe this doesn't count, because they
were still printing the old sets?)

But what changes could it have? Did they find any "new" Barks-material
after printing the old one? Anyway, they forgot to print the
unpublished "hammocks"-cover. Barks did only the sketching of that
one. The "hammocks"-cover is published here in Holland two years ago
(is the Dutch publisher unique with that?), it is inked by Ulrich
Schroder (?).

Maybe DAVID can try to get that cover being printed on a Gladstone?

> I'm interested in getting the four sets I lack.

Is it that impossible to get those "old" sets? Aren't there any
comic-book shops in Sweden still having them on the shelves? If there
are no changes in the reprints, wouldn't it be more fun to have the
old original CBL complete?

Greetings,

--- Daniel