Answer to Lucky and stuff

Danny Coenen f.coenen at kfa-juelich.de
Wed Jul 12 13:19:39 CEST 1995

LUCKY:

If you want to find more about Carl Barks, which will surely be as
interesting for you as it was for me and many other Barks fans, I
recommend to look for the book "Carl Barks and the Art of the Comic
Book" (New York, 1991) by Michael Barrier. There are a lot of other
publications on his person, but this one is, in my opinion, one of
the best ones available.
As far as I know there is no book about *only* Don Rosa, but you
will get to know him and his work very quickly, as his stories are
discussed rather often on this forum. To get to know his background
you should read the file about Don on the www-page of this list. Why
he is so popular is because he includes many facts of the old Barks
stories, his art is very different to the other Disney drawers
(much more details...) and his stories are full of little gags, so
that you always find some you didn`t mention before when you read his
stories again and again. I think that he is, beneath Barks, the best
comic artist in the businness, although I`m not so happy about the fact
that he sometimes changes facts of the Barks universe.

ALL SKANDINAVIANS:

I`ve heard about two books on Carl Barks in English published in
Kobenhavn (spelling OK?) and in Helsinki.
"Carl Barks & Co. One Shot No.22: Europe Tour 1994" and "Carl Barks`
Surviving  Comic Book Art". Does anyone of you know these books?
If yes, please tell me if there are worth buying or not.

I`ll be on vacation from friday on for two weeks, so I won`t be able
to answer any mail during that time.

Danny Coenen
f.coenen at kfa-juelich.de

"The Evil Empire is everywhere"