Disney-comics digest #721.

Don Rosa donrosa at iglou.com
Thu Jul 13 05:43:00 CEST 1995

>WILMER:
        I STILL haven't seen the WD GIANT #1. I've heard from different
people that the cover either look beautiful or it sucks hockey pucks. I
guess I'll be my own judge. But if it looks bad to you because it's "dull",
that may be my fault. I've envisioned that scene ever since the cover of
UNCLE $CROOGE ADVENTURES #5 which was colored totally wrong (as regards my
intentions). I suspect they finally colored WD GIANT #1's cover the way I
wanted it colored, as a scene backlit by the midnight sun. That should
certainly be dim. But I had nothing to do with the actual coloring and don't
know what it involves or if I would have or could have made any comments or
changed my mind when I saw how they planned to do it. But even they aren't
quite sure how it will look until it's completely printed. Well, I'll soon
see...

DANNY:
        I'm glad you seem to like my stuff -- but what "facts of the Barks
universe" do I change??? I am forced to change a scant few in the "Lo$", but
so few obscure details that I'd be amazed if you noticed or could see any
way around it. What facts have I changed?