collective personality

Philip Weetman pweetman at uoguelph.ca
Sun Jul 16 00:31:12 CEST 1995

> >> I don't like the Beagle Boys having personalities! In the old
> >> Barks stories, they are very much alike.
>
> > I think they should have personalities. (...) And anyway, I think
> > Barks gave (or tried to give) the Beagleboys some personalities: He
> > had a one who was very fond of prunes. And in an other story all
> > the BB have different skills and education.
>
> Yeah, I agree that Barks gave them some kind of personality. But I
> think some recent (Danish) stories make them too "stereotypical" (is
> that the right word?). Now you have a hungry one, a smart one, etc. I
> don't think they're very "human" that way.

 well , I'm new here (greetings from Canada) .
  I agree with the above , I'd rather see one good collective
personality than three cliches . Three cliches might be good enough for
Ducktales but not in any of the 'serious' disney comics . On the other
hand , if you have three GOOD characters , then that's excellent !

my humble opinion

Philip Weetman