Disney-comics digest #728.

Mike Pohjola mikep at freenet.hut.fi
Thu Jul 20 23:07:00 CEST 1995

LUCKY:
>written by Taliaferro in the early 1930's. Can someone tell me when did
>Carl Barks start drawing DD? And when he stopoped? The strip was unfinnished;

	Of course it was unfinnished! The magazine was after all, in English!-)

	Carl Barks begun drawing Donald Duck comics at 1942. Before that he had
been working as an animator and his first known picture of Donald was a scetch
of a movie poster: "Desert Prospectors", a film that was never published. His
first Donald comic was "Gold of the Pirates" (or something like that). His
last Disney comic was made in 1967 though I'm not exactly certain what it was.
Before (?) he started drawing for Disney, he had made some nice cartoons with
Barney the Bear and Benny the Donkey.

--

	Mike - The Finnish Trekkie