question for the database

Torsten Wesley Adair torsten at cwis.unomaha.edu
Sat Jul 29 07:25:11 CEST 1995

Hi, everyone, I'm back in Nebraska, avoiding the tourists of Washington,
DC, and catching up on my email from last January (no `net access in DC,
yet).

While reading about the database format, and the various Van Horn
"experts", I wondered about the "new" Junior Woodchucks stories being
redrawn by Van Horn (or someone else).  Originally, the early HDL,JW
stories published in the early 1970s were written and plotted by Carl
Barks, and inked by someone else.  Although not drawn by Barks, the
pictures were well drawn.  Now, the Powers That Be (Gladstone?  Egmont?)
are having the CB HDLs redrawn by Van Horn or someone, and printing them.
I've seen two or three so far.

The questions are:
	Do these stories have new story codes?  If they do, then no
problem, just add them to the database.  If they don't, is there a
capacity to note a redrawn story?  Does the database note all the issues
that a story appeared in, or is it just a listing of stories?  Does the
index note edited stories, such as the linguistic changes of Lil Hiawatha?

Just wondering.

Torsten Adair	torsten at cwis.unomaha.edu	(virtually) Omaha, NE, USA
						(actually) Washington, DC, USA