various

Jørgen Andreas Bangor jorgenb at ifi.uio.no
Thu Jun 1 20:09:54 CEST 1995

DAVID:
| Actually, "The Lost Legion" IS the one which ends with Goofy walking
| in front of the cinema.

So that is... oh... I'll find the other one next time I'm home.

| David Gerstein (who STILL maintains that Paul Murry's best art
| was made from 1948-1956!)

OK, I agree that the art isn't bad, but I don't like that Mickey with
the tiny body and a big head.

GIANFRANCO (about I-1993):
| The text is by Caterina Mognato and the art is by Giuseppe Dalla Santa.

Thanx!

| Do you need more info on the artists?

I'm quite sure I'm not the only one on the list who'd like to know more
about Italian writers/artists :-)
I can see from your later letters that you know a lot. Then I know who to
ask when I'm wondring about Italian stories :)
And Fabio is back too?

DAVID again:
| The Germans keep all their old pocket-books in print (are they the only
| country to do so?) and I'll be in Germany next month.

Norway too, but I think they sell out before they print them again,
therefore they might not always be available. I think the first ones have
been printed about five times now.

DAVE R:
| Forgive me for not remembering, but what country are you in?

Norway.

| Are standard comics from the States usually available through the
| comic shops there?

Eh, standard comics? The shop were I have my subscriptions to Gladstone's
and Marvel's Disney titles have quite a lot of American titles, but I
don't think I've seen anything called CHIAROSCURO. Most of the stuff they
sell there is super-hero titles, and most of the customers are 14 year
old kids with nintendo machines at home...

Hmmm... somehow I think Jakob and Erik have parents that work at Volvo :)

   Jorgen (who's 24 and read his first Barks story, the avalanche story,
           in 1975).