Telling Gladstone what to do (not for me!)

9475609@arran.sms.ed.ac.uk 9475609 at arran.sms.ed.ac.uk
Tue Jun 6 19:59:45 CEST 1995

      DWIGHT:
      As to my interference with Gladstone's decisions, or (worse) my
asking you to interfere with them...
      Boy, are you ever right.  As you know I'm relatively new to
this business and -- well, a trifle overexcited about things at
times.  You're right -- regardless of whether I think Bruce Hamilton (or
whoever decided to reprint "The Cold-Blooded Penguin" in COLLECTORY 2)
is making a mistake, it's not up to me to tell Gladstone what to do.
Asking YOU to do such dirty work FOR me is even sillier.
      Thanks for explaining your views on the issue so patiently.  I
might make an offhand remark to John about it, but no need to talk a lot
about it.  Perhaops John didn't want to reprint a 1949 Golden Book
about penguins, but it might not have been his decision, and I don't
want to sound like I'm blaming him for that.
      For now, I'll leave Gladstone to do what they think is best.
Thanks for knocking some sense into me, Dwight!

      David Gerstein
      <9475609 at arran.sms.ed.ac.uk>