Revolution in Brutopia

9475609@arran.sms.ed.ac.uk 9475609 at arran.sms.ed.ac.uk
Tue Jun 6 20:07:19 CEST 1995

      DWIGHT AGAIN:
> it seems to me I just read a foreign Disney story where it was evident
> that "Brutopia," Barks's all-purpose stand-in for the Cold War
> adversary, has since turned into a democratic nice-guy country.
      Maybe this was "Danger Island" in USA 29, about eight months ago.
This list has already argued as to the merits of this story (which I
really enjoyed, myself).  The exiled dictator of Brutopia is living on
an island retreat, and at the end -- as Scrooge and the ducks prepare to
bring him to justice -- they mention that the new authorities in
Brutopia are looking for him.
      My next Duck story in fact involves Argus McSwine as a Brutopian
spy, suggesting that the nation is still in its Iron Curtain era.  I had
this spy story waiting to come out, see...

      David Gerstein
      <9475609 at arran.sms.ed.ac.uk>