Daniel Fredrik Dwight Jacob ... in digest #693.

H.W. Fluks fluks at pcssdc.pttnwb.nl
Thu Jun 15 18:00:34 CEST 1995

I said:
> D 92193, "Tour de Jour". This one *is* written by one of our list members

Daniel asked:
> Who? David?

The story was written by Dave Rawson (member of this list) and Pat McGreal.
This story was published by Gladstone a while ago, and at that time
discussed here on the list. I forgot all about that and asked Dave
later if, and when, one of his stories will be reprinted by Gladstone.
Yes, I do forget things, sometimes... 8-)

The other story I was talking about (about Donald training pigeons to pick
coins) looks "special" enough to assume it is written by either Dave, or
John Lustig.

Well? Dave, John: any comments?

----
Fredrik:
> Kuno Knauel. That's the guy called Filo Sganga in Italian.

Ah! I suspected that. Is this character already in the "interlingual" file?
I must admit I haven't looked at that file in months, since I can't use ftp
the normal way anymore.

----
Dwight (about "Listige Taschenbuecher"):
> Uhm...aren't those Lustige Taschenbucher?

Well, yes, if you add an umlaut to the u on -bucher.
Just a typo. Sirry.

----
Jakob:
> Do you think that IF he is the father
> of HDL he would be a 'close relative'?

How close can one get? I would say MY father is a VERY close relative.
And even if I hadn't seen him for ages, I wouldn't welcome him as a
distant "uncle Aaldrik".

Could you tell us a bit more about that one cartoon in which HDL's
father appeared. Wat it stated that he is their father? Did he
unmistakenly look like Von Drake? I mean, in that one cartoon where
Scrooge is drawn, he looks just like Von Drake, only with different
"hair" (feathers?) and hat. (The animators never understood what Scrooge
should really look like.)

----
Daniel ("Horsing Around with History"):
> But even if that was a way to
> send S.O.S.'s  in the past, why should Barks include it in his story?
> It's only a lot of irritating delay (and someone here once said that
> the theory with those stars isn't right). Barks could have omitted
> this all by using something more simple, making the story "flow"
> better... What do you think?

The scene didn't bother me. The only thing that bothered me when I first
read the story was the abrupt ending. Like there should have been at
least another page with all kinds of explanations.

--Harry.

P.S. Gilbert, Anders (if you're reading this): thanks for your indexes/updates.
It may take a while before I have a better look at them. Busy...