Disney-comics digest #706.

Don Rosa donrosa at iglou.com
Wed Jun 28 07:09:00 CEST 1995

WHOEVER IT WAS:
        Someone was wondering about whether there was a "comic strip" for
POCAHONTAS as they said there had been for other Disney animated features.
This question puzzled me at first, since the questioner seemed to be new to
all this (not knowing who Carl Barks was) yet seemed familiar with the
Disney practice of releasing a comic strip to help promote their latest
feature movie or cartoon which is something they did in the 30s-60s. A
"comic strip" refers to the newspaper comic page. But seeing Wes' reply, I'm
assuming the questioner meant comic BOOK, not STRIP. That makes more sense
in the context.
        Comic strips appear in the newspaper, not in comic books (unless
they reprint old newspaper strips, eh?).