talk

Per Starback starback at Minsk.DoCS.UU.SE
Thu Jun 29 03:27:19 CEST 1995

Colette Cardoza wrote:
>  PER OR HARRY:
>       This question is not on Disney comics. By any chance do you know

Hm...  Why would I or Harry be particularly suited to answer that
question?  At least I don't realize whatever gave you the idea I would
know that offhand.  You don't have to direct all your questions at any
particular person.  Anyway, as you say, it wasn't about Disney comics,
so I go on to the questions that were:  (There are good reasons this
is a mailing list on Disney comics and not on Disney)

>	The abbreviations I am wondering about are the following:
>  1.  DDBP  - Donald Duck ?
>  2.  LO$  -    ?  Scrooge
> and so on.

There are lots of somewhat cryptic abbreviations that stand for
different comic book titles.  You'll find lots of those abbreviations
in the legends for the index files at the archives.  Take a look at
them!  (See your welcome message for details.)

DDBP is usually short for "Donald Duck Beach Party" when Disney comics
people talk to each other, but last time I think it was just a typo
for DDPB that was a temporary (not very standard) abbr for some
Donald Duck pocket books.

LO$ or Lo$ is not one of those abbreviations though, but "Life of
Scrooge" which is a series of stories by Don Rosa (also on this
list!).  The full name of the series is "The Life and Times of $crooge
McDuck", but it seems like the short version of the title has stuck.
Per Starback, Uppsala, Sweden.  email: starback at minsk.docs.uu.se
 "Life is but a gamble!  Let flipism chart your ramble!"