Gladstone's wierdness

RHODE@email.afip.osd.mil RHODE at email.afip.osd.mil
Fri Jun 30 16:50:54 CEST 1995

     Well, I've got to say I'm not happy to hear that Don's work will be
     serialized in WDC&S.  I've actually avoided buying that title and
     Donald & Mickey because of the serializations.  I'm an "older
     collector" (well 30 anyway) and I've got enough money to buy the
     complete serialization at one time rather than $2 every 2 months.  And
     I'd rather get it that way too!  This $5.95 idea is off base if they
     think serialized stories will carry the book.

     I think Gladstone is floundering a bit these days.  I really disliked
     the new Donald Duck & Mickey Mouse newsprint cover.  My wife, who only
     reads the Disney stuff, actually asked what was the matter with it.
     So, a casual reader, presumably the type the $1.50 price is aimed at
     can't wait until they switch back to glossy cover stock.  Does anyone
     from Gladstone read this so they can get our opinions?

     Mike Rhode