The scope of the list

Per Starback starback at Minsk.DoCS.UU.SE
Fri Mar 10 00:18:45 CET 1995

Tavis Perkins asked about a group that talks about all aspects of
Disney, and "JMAN" posed a similar question earlier.  Disney in
general is a *big* subject, generating *lots* of traffic on the Net,
so there's no mailing list about it, but rather a Usenet News group
about it -- rec.arts.disney.  If you don't know what Usenet News is
or how to get access to it, please ask some local computer guru who
will know how things are set up at your site.  There is a mailing list
on the Disney Afternoon on television though.  Send a request to
ranger-list-request at taronga.com if you want to join that list.

I mention both these sources in the welcome message of the group as
several subscribers to the list seem to have really been looking for
something else.  Maybe I ought to see to that all descriptions of the
list don't just say that's it's about "Disney comics" but that they
explicitly say that it's *not* about any other Disney stuff.

On the other hand, Sherline Lee, of course all Disney comics are
relevant to the list, no matter if they say Marvel on their covers.  I
think that the focus of the list always will be the duck comics, but
for example TV animation spinoff comics isn't any less relevant to
this list as Li'l Bad Wolf or Little Hiawatha comics.  At least that's
what I think, and I'm the list administrator after all. :-)

But what do I know.  I'm a European, so I'm a maniac.  Right, Captain D?
Per Starback, Uppsala, Sweden.  email: starback at minsk.docs.uu.se
 "Life is but a gamble!  Let flipism chart your ramble!"