Thank you (twice)

H.W. Fluks fluks at pcssdc.pttnwb.nl
Thu Mar 23 11:24:31 CET 1995

Gerhard W. Tank wrote:

> My last thank you message ended back in my new mail inbox on the
> internet.

This can have (at least) two reasons:

1. You are a member of this mailing list, which means you get all messages
sent to this list. It shouldn't be surprising that you get your own
message back. 8-)

2. You get a message that your message "could not be delivered to" and
then some address you never even sent it to. This mostly indicates the
message could not be sent to ONE member of the list, but it reached
the other 149. (Wow, 150 members! This list is getting big!)
In this case, you don't need to re-send your message to the list; just
forward the error message to our much appreciated administrator Per
(starback@ or disney-comics-request at minsk.docs.uu.se).
Error messages like this should have been sent to the administration
address automatically, but apparently there is still a lot of old
software in the world, that sends errors to the original sender, regardless
of the directions in the mail header.

The best check to see if a message arrived on the mailing list is to
check case 1.

--Harry.

Harry Fluks         ()_()                 Dutch Disney comics freak
PTT Telecom          (_)                     fluks at pcssdc.pttnwb.nl
Netherlands                  "Yeah.. I've _heard_ of coral barques"