Comments on Lo$

Jon Cato Lorentzen jonlo at ifi.uio.no
Mon May 1 13:57:02 CEST 1995

Hi All,

Just thought I'd like to comment a little about the latest installment in
the Life of Scrooge saga. This has always been my favourite chapter since
I read it in Norwegian, and the Gladstone version made it much better
(especially the coloring).

The European critique about Scrooge turning into a super hero, was mainly
aimed at the African chapter and this latest chapter. I have never agreed
about these comments. I think the "Scrooge-getting-even" sequence in King
of the Klondike is hilarious, and the colouring from Gladstone makes it
great. I thought they looked like old photographs showing glimpses of what
happened.

BTW: On the first page of this chapter, there is a map of Klondike, and on
the blue of the map the text says "Atlantic Ocean"! Shouldn't this be
the Pacific Ocean?

-jonC