Lo$ Chapter 8

h.j.bjornhaug@admin.uio.no h.j.bjornhaug at admin.uio.no
Wed May 3 15:08:24 CEST 1995

Don,
a couple of years ago, you wrote that you were making two half-pages
for the Gladstone version of Lo$8 which were to replace the splash
panels of parts 2 & 3 from the Egmont version.  (I also think you said
so in Oslo the same year.)  But the splash panels are still there in
the Gladstone 1-part version!  Why?

About the $crooge-as-a-superhero-on-the-riverboat scene: the Norwegian
translation is quite according to the Gladstone version.
Nevertheless, I didn't get the "it probably never happened that way"
message in the text until it was brought up here.  I agree whith those
who think the coloring makes the panels look more like old photos than
a dream/fantasy sequence.  The Norwegian coloring didn't differ from
the rest of the story.

And I also caught the Atlantic/Pacific goof, but when I intended to
bring it up here, I discovered Jon already had mentioned it.

David,

as you write, the credits for first story ("Catman vs. the Masked
<something> in the current DDA mentions you as scripter, but the story
wasn't originally written by you.  Who is the original writer, and
who is the artist?  And why is neither of them credited?

--- Helge