Disney-comics digest #653.

Don Rosa donrosa at iglou.com
Fri May 5 15:04:00 CEST 1995

>DAVID:
        No, no -- in "Treasure Under Glass" all $crooge got was a map. He
has yet to try to locate any treasure. I've always thought I might do a
sequel to that story about what happens when he does try -- thanks for
reminding me. I'll add that to my loooong list of future story ideas.

HELGE:
        If I wasn't clear before when I mentioned it, when I did chapter 8
of the "Lo$" is when I convinced them to allow me to do two versions of my
3-part stories, so that the countries that used them as single parters would
not see those annoying half-page panels when they didn't fit what was needed
in the story. But sometimes they DO fit, if the next panel would NEED to be
a half-pager; that's the case in chapter 8. And sometimes in other chapters
in other stories. But usually I do an entirely new half-page with some gag
or something which can blend into the storyline (supposedly). Still, even
when the two versions are the same panel, I must do TWO different versions
of that half-page, because, believe it or not (so I'm told), Egmont is not
capable of superimposing a caption box over art. It's just not something
they can do in their computerized system, or at least it's MUCH easier for
me to do it on my drawing board. In those instances (as in chapter 8) I do
the full half-page panels for the one-part version, then Xerox those, cut a
hole(s) in the copy, add the caption boxes, do a little touch up around the
edges, and that is the "art" you see in the 3-part versions. Compare future
versions and you'll see.

DANNY:
        THANK YOU for all that translating work! I know what a chore that
must be! I'll tuck that away in a file on the 'puter. Whoever that writer
is, he never interviewed me, but he seems to have taken lots of info out of
the text pieces I write for the Gladstones.