Disney-comics digest #659.

Ronald A. Evry revry at pen.k12.va.us
Fri May 12 04:58:56 CEST 1995

>         But even if it was, I'd have no reason to call Disney, nor they me.
> Disney has the right to do whatever they wish with any of my stories without
> permission or royalties... and I doubt that they'd have any interest in me
> being involved.

The screenwriter's Guild may have something to say about that.

If Disney wants to put ANYTHING based on a story you wrote,
even on a "for hire" basis, and it gets transmitted through any
network that has an agreement with the screenwriter's guild,
then they HAVE to pay you and acknowledge your contribution.

I do believe that Disney is indeed one of the studios that is a
party to the general agreement with the Guild.

One medium is NOT the same as another, and while Disney can
bully comic book artists, teleplays are a different matter
entirely.

If Lo$ does indeed get made into a movie or tv production, you
have rights, and the Guild is there to represent you, even if
you have never worked with them before.

--Ron