Disney-comics digest #669.

9475609@arran.sms.ed.ac.uk 9475609 at arran.sms.ed.ac.uk
Mon May 22 02:54:55 CEST 1995

      ERIK HORTHE:
      Glad to have you on board!  I don't believe Red Bat or Rubberizer
has appeared in any other stories.  They certainly haven't been in any
Gottfredson stories, or any Murry stories from the classic period.
      Can you tell me (and rest of us) what's coming up for MM in some
of the upcoming Egmont comics?  Perhaps you translated my story with
Mickey and Horace Horsecollar, "Digging Up Trouble" (D 93497) which I
think may be appearing soon.  If so, do you have an issue when it is
going to show up?
      If you can supply us with writer/artist credits for virtually any
and all recent Egmont stories, Harry Fluks and I would be very grateful.
      I seem to recall that when Eli Squinch, a Gottfredson villain from
such stories as "The Race for Riches" (1935) and "In Search of Jungle
Treasure" (1937) appeared in a 1993 Egmont story ("The Secret of Shark
Reef," or something like that), he got a different name in some
countries from the one he'd had in the local translations of his
Gottfredson appearances.  I'm going to be using Squinch myself soon, and
I wonder what your data is on him.  I can tell you about many MM
supporting characters.  Hopefully, I'll be a lot of help!

      Best wishes,
      David Gerstein
      <9475609 at arran.sms.ed.ac.uk>