Rosa publications in Holland

H.W. Fluks fluks at pcssdc.pttnwb.nl
Tue May 23 13:15:28 CEST 1995

DON:
"Guardians of the Lost Library" was published in Holland in
DD Extra #5. The art is of the original Egmont version, but the translation
is from the Gladstone version, or so it seems.
The new cover is clearly inspired by the cover of Gladstone's comic.

They re-inserted a JW logo on the books and in the first panel. Since
Junior Woodchucks is Jonge Woudlopers in Dutch, they only need one W, not
two (so the logo looks a bit like vJv).
Don, you once mentioned textual changes (apart from cutting two panels and
inserting three other panels) you did for Gladstone's version, but the Dutch
version is very much like Gladstone's (except in the changed panels, of
course).
That's why I think they translated directly from the Gladstone version,
leaving the JW logo gag intact.

In two weeks, the Duck Family Tree will be published in the Dutch DD weekly.
>From the announcement I can see that they REDREW the entire tree! Someone
must really dislike your art... 8-(

--Harry.