Gladstone's economy moves begin

DAVID.A.GERSTEIN 9475609 at arran.sms.ed.ac.uk
Sat May 27 13:06:07 CEST 1995

      This is from Mark Mayerson, guys.  He wrote it to the list, it
appears, but sent it only to me, since there was no cc on his letter.
So here it is:

      * * * * *

I wish I could see what David is talking about.  The situation in Toronto
remains a mess.  In the last month, the only two Gladstones to make it into
town were the two Barks library issues.  We haven't yet received Donald
and Mickey 30, Uncle Scrooge Adventures 33 and Donald Duck Adventures 33.

Does anybody know if Gladstone has plans to go exclusive with a particular
distributor like Marvel and DC?  Right now, Multibook is servicing the
Toronto area, and lots of things are going missing.  There's a problem
with Dark Horse books as well as Gladstones.

If anyone on this list is talking to Gladstone in the near future, tell
them that their books are not getting to Toronto.  They may not be
getting to other places in Canada as well.