HDL's father

Fredrik Ekman ekman at lysator.liu.se
Wed Nov 1 10:44:25 CET 1995

On Tue, 31 Oct 1995, H.W. Fluks wrote:
> I have a new theory. Well, it's not a theory, but a fact. Scrooge McDuck
> is the father of Huey, Dewey and Louie!

Yes, Harry! I finally hear the truth! However, I do not accept your
so-called "evidence" which is from a story you wrote yourself. Since
there is no Fluks.story-index in the database YOU made, the simple truth
is that there is no such story. Hah! Gotcha!

However, the argument still holds. There is a parody published in the
first (and only) issue of Swedish comic book Elitserien in the mid
eighties (some other Swede, fill in the year, please). It was there
EXPLICITLY stated that Scrooge is HDL's father and (hold on to your
keyboards, folks) Daisy is their mother! (Here comes the love duckling
business again.) Donald thinks that he is the father and HDL are
obviously protected from the dirty truth by having been told that he is
their "uncle".

Brilliant comic, too. And don't dare suggesting it shouldn't be
canonical. As you well know, everything is canonical, including role-play
cartoons.

BTW, Disney immediately threatened to sue the publishers of this comic
book and only the very first issue was published.

  /F