"Yambo" award to Don Rosa

Marco Barlotti marcobar at facec.cce.unifi.it
Thu Nov 2 11:59:19 CET 1995

I think people on the list will like to know that in Lucca Don Rosa received
the International "Yambo" award as the best comics *artist* of the year.
This was on yesterday's newspapers.
Maybe most of you never ever heard of this "Yambo" award: that's all right,
since this is the first year they give it. Maybe most of you don't  know who
Yambo was, and that is not nice instead.
If you care, the same "Yambo" award for the best comics *writer* of the year
has been granted to Francois Boucq (a Frenchman, I don't know him).
And, of course:

DON (when you will read this): *congratulations!*

  Marco Barlotti, Dept. of Math., University of Florence
MARCOBAR at FACEC.CCE.UNIFI.IT

"Here's the first billion I've ever made - Down at the bottom of the pile,
where it's been for seventy years!" (Walt Disney's Comics and Stories 130,
7/1951)