King Scrooge the First / David

Daniel van Eijmeren daniel at maisie.ow.nl
Thu Nov 9 11:43:47 CET 1995

GEIR:

> Is there anybody from Holland who knows if Daan Jippes indends to
> re-draw all the Junior-Woodchucks stories written by Barks? If YES, is
> he also going to re-draw the U$ 71 "King $crooge the first" story?

Schroder already did redraw the "King Scrooge" story, but later it was
said that he destroyed his work. As I remember, someone here said that
he *might* have only told that because he was not satified with his
editor's policy or something.

A little example of Schroders work on "King Scrooge" was published in
the CBL, it looks *very* good.

As I already asked before in a previous posting: Maybe there's a chance
that art still exists? Is there someone here who can find out?

The material was sent to Gladstone, but later returned to Schroder for
minor changes. Didn't they make xeroxes of the art before posting it?

DAVID:

Maybe you're the right person here to find out if Schroder's work did
survive somewhere? Don't the editors xerox the art before returning it
for minor changes? (The art might get lost during it's post-traveling.)

>     The Current Gladstones Page has recently been updated to
> describe DONALD DUCK 295, DONALD DUCK AND MICKEY MOUSE 2, and WALT
> DISNEY GIANT 3. (I don't, however, know what the DD ten-pager is in
> that second comic. Which one is it?)

Maybe you can also send something of it to Disney-Comics? I can't
visit your page (although I'd really like to.)

> Do more parents spank their kids now than in years past?

No, I don't think so. It might be that spanking children is a subject
to discuss for people now, while it was taken for granted in the past?
There has also been a kind of "slogan" for it, something like: "The
one who loves his children, chastices them."

Maybe Disney placed this subject on their growing censor-list because
spanking children isn't taken for granted anymore? Anyway, it's
certainly not new that they don't accept it anymore: In the 50's Barks
was already told to tone down the violence in his stories.

Greetings,

--- Daniel