Disney-comics digest #842.

David A Gerstein David.A.Gerstein at williams.edu
Fri Nov 10 03:51:41 CET 1995

	WILMER:
	Hey, now, I didn't say I wasn't allowed to show Mickey
involved in slapstick, I just meant that I couldn't have him actually
firing a gun at someone (as, we have noticed, Scrooge was allowed to
do in LO$ 6).  Donald is also not allowed to fire a pistol, as pertains
to a scene changed in "Colossus of the Nile" (which will be published
next month).  I don't want to do a spoiler here, so I'll just say that
the scene was changed by making the bullet into something else that
served the desired function.
	Even Disney Comics showed MM punching a villain (in MMA 17)
and, in "Return to Blaggard Castle," knocking down a disguised Blot by
shoving an enormous ray machine right into him.  So slapstick is okay.
I'll be the first person to give Disney credit where it's due.
	I hope and believe all of you will find my version of Mickey
to be quite interesting.  Prior to writing my first Mickey story, some
of you may recall that I asked for thoughts about how MM should be
from fellow digest members, and I did my best to take them into
account.

	THE STORY WITH 4 NEPHEWS IN ONE PANEL
	was actually by Jose Colomer Fonts, I think.  Egmont's house
newsletter reprinted the telltale panel as an example of the kind of
mistake that anyone can make, but usually doesn't get by the editorial
staff.  That time (a seagoing story, exact issue unknown to me) it did.
	There has also been a Jaime Diaz story with 4 nephews in one
panel:  "The Phantom Lighthouse" in US #245.  I can't tell you the
panel offhand, though.  Someone wrote in and mentioned it in a letter
column, whereupon Bob Foster gave the fourth nephew the name "Phooey".
That was probably the word that was heard in the editorial room upon
the discovery, too.  ;-)

	Please "unsubsribe" poor "Br'er Rabbit", Per.  He's trying to
coax us, as you can see, with dialect typical of the old Br'er Rabbit
stories... no, I'm just joking, as Dwight points out, everyone makes a
typo now and then (aggravating, I'll admit, when it's in a published
story, but the same has happened to me and to Don).

	David Gerstein
	<96dag at williams.edu>
	"Have a chestnut, boys! ... OW!"