"Super Snooper Strikes Again"... again

David A Gerstein David.A.Gerstein at williams.edu
Tue Nov 21 02:37:02 CET 1995

	DON, you said:
	"The new American reprinting of ["Super Snooper Strikes
Again"] wasn't accurate either -- it matched the DISNEY Disney
printing, and I should have sent them corrections knowing that's what
they'd do. They again removed the references HD&L make to their
missing parents (which is okay, I guess), but they open the story with
one nephew saying "This is awesome!" GAH! I would never put such words
in their mouths... [and Gladstone] still left the back cover of that
comic blank..."
	You make it sound as if Gladstone started with fresh art to
your story from Egmont, and lettered it from scratch all over again
with both Disney's version and Egmont's script in hand.  Actually, I
think that Gladstone just got color separations to Disney's printing,
tweaked a few things (the ducks' blue eyes and red inner mouths) and
ran it through the press again.  I don't think Gladstone consciously
removed or left out anything from what they thought to be the
authoritative version.  The text as printed by Disney is probably the
only version John Clark has ever seen -- in fact, even I didn't know
that Disney had changed any of your text when they printed the story.
	In your original script, what were HDL saying instead of
"awesome"?  And where did the reference to their parents appear?

	One change which no one seems to have noticed is that between
DDAD 1 and D+$ album/comic 3-set, the location of a coin mint is
changed when the kids rattle off a list of places where coins are
made.

	David Gerstein
	<96dag at williams.edu>
	"Have a chestnut, boys! ... OW!"