Database news

H.W. Fluks fluks at pcssdc.pttnwb.nl
Tue Nov 21 13:02:16 CET 1995

The Disney comics Database (DcD), our index of Disney comics all over the world,
will also be made available as part of the Grand Comics Database (GCD).
This GCD uses a different format, so Bob Klein made a conversion program
from DcD to GCD.

One of Bob's comments:

> The most important observation is this last
> one: "Wow!"  This is a terrific source of information.  As a
> neophyte Disney reader, I was bowled over.  Again, my
> congratulations to all involved in the DcD.

So I pass the congratulations to our indexers:
Anders Engwall, Andrew Krieg, Arthur de Wolf, David Gerstein, Fredrik Ekman,
Gilbert Roser, Jacob Sparre Andersen, Lars Olsson, Mark Semich,
Ole Reichstein Nielsen, Per Starback.

These people, and Kjell Crone and I, will also be credited for the indexing
of particular (USA) comics. I assume noone minds that his name is used.

(People that gave information, but never indexed the entire contents of a
comic, are not mentioned. It's too hard to keep track of the indexers of
parts of a comic...)

One thing I hope to achieve is that more people find their way to our DcD,
and to this mailing list, by reading the GCD!

--Harry.

Harry Fluks         ()_()                 Dutch Disney comics freak
PTT Telecom          (_)                     fluks at pcssdc.pttnwb.nl
Netherlands                  "Yeah.. I've _heard_ of coral barques"