comic books plates

GaryB98294@aol.com GaryB98294 at aol.com
Wed Nov 22 17:37:33 CET 1995

Happened to be slipping through the cable channels early this morning and saw
some sort of shopping channel (PSN) offering metal plates used to print
Disney comic books. they apparently were either Dell or Gold Key plates (I'd
suspect Dell). The two they displayed while I watched it were a Mickey Mouse
splash by Paul Murray and a Donald Duck splash by Tony Strobl. It was
difficult to see the story titles and I didn't recornize them.
Anyhow, they were charging $200 per plate. These were the old metal plates,
before they went to plastics, etc. For another $60 you got a matted copy of a
copy of the plate you bought.
I guess I should have taken down the phone number for anyone interested, but
it was 2:30 a.m. and I was a little surprised to see these offered. the
announcer said there were all the Disney characters available -- Uncle
Scrooge, Donald Duck, Mickey Mouse, Goofy, etc. While talking about the
quality of the artwork, he made a comment that Walt Disney sure was a great
cartoonist. Gak.
Gary Brown