Disney-comics digest #861.

David A Gerstein David.A.Gerstein at williams.edu
Wed Nov 29 01:42:29 CET 1995

	TODD:
	Gladstone hasn't sent me a paycheck lately, but that's because
the only new material I've sent them has been "on spec" -- it'll be
bought if and when the license is renewed, but they (of course) don't
want to buy it when Disney hasn't given the go-ahead to keep
publishing after this license period ends.
	If other people's submissions haven't been paid for, it's not
a sign that Gladstone's going to pot -- the above is the real reason.
But I think I'm the only guy who DOES work "on spec" for Gladstone;
others just wait for Gladstone to assign THEM to do things.  (The
stuff I'm submitting, naturally, can be resubmitted to someone else
should someone else get the license... but I hope not.)

	David Gerstein
	<96dag at williams.edu>
	"Have a chestnut, boys! ... OW!"