Credits in Disney publications

Jacob Sparre Andersen sparre at cats.nbi.dk
Wed Nov 29 17:28:15 CET 1995

HENRI & MIKKO:

You aren't completely fair to the Scandinavian Disney publishers.

In Denmark, the translator always gets his (DD&Co.) or her (Jumbo) name in the
comics, and from time to time you'll see a note that a story is written by
Carl Barks or Don Rosa. I can't remember any other artists being mentioned in
Serieforlaget's publcations.

In the Faroes (yes, I know it's not a part of Scandinavia) there are full
credits, but since the only publication is CBLiC, it's not that hard to handle.

According to EU copyright law (as ruled in Denmark), does artists have the
right to get their name on any piece of work they do, and they _can't_ sell,
or in any other way give that right away. I.e. should somebody (me???) just
call Serieforlaget and ask them to put full credits in the comics. (I think
I'll try tomorrow.)

Jacob
--
Have you played with your LEGO today?