Egmont 60. anniversary issue

Jørgen Andreas Bangor jorgenb at ifi.uio.no
Mon Oct 9 19:25:59 CET 1995

I remember some time ago, that is, around 9. june last year, a
few reviews of celebrating issues were sent to the list. I can't
remember anyone saying anything about any Egmont issues, so I
brought it with me last time I visited my collection.

This rather big magazine was published in Norway. It's about
100 pages, ordinary magazine size.

It opens with a page describing a few highlights in Donald's
life. The only comic appearance on this page is a panel from
Barks' "The Golden Helmet".

Then two pages describing Donald's personality, illustrated
with panels from Barks stories.

Then the story starts. It's a collection of Duck stories glued
together by Vicar. There are totally eight pages of gluing.

The stories:

- Donald Duck, W/MOC 4-1947, 26 pages. Carl Barks

- Donald Duck, D8526, 10 pages. Art by Vicar.
     Grandma Duck is going to the wild west, and fixing
a lot of trouble (sounds familiar?).
There's a good end-quote in the story:

Donald: After Grandma was there [in the west], it's not wild
        anymore.

- Donald Duck, D6402, 10 pages. This looks like Branca.
     Another story where they (you know who) fight about
Daisy.

- Donald Duck (should have been Scrooge McDuck, IMHO),
I/AT 9/58, 25 pages. Romano Scarpa.
     A really good story dealing with Scrooge's personality.

- Donald Duck, W/WDC 125, 10 pages. Carl Barks.
     The first story to feature the JWW.

Then there is a short article about collectors, although it's
not about collectors, but about investors.

On the last page there is a little course about how to draw
Donald.

   Jorgen