Gladstone's Comics in January 1996

Augie De Blieck Jr. adebliec at internexus.net
Wed Oct 25 21:25:04 CET 1995

[Donald Duck #294 just came out today at my local comics shop.]

In this month's PREVIEWS:

* Donald Duck Adventures #37

"Just in time for St. Valentine's Day, this hilarious mix of comedy and
sentimentality will have you begging for more!  When Donald and Daisy
break up once again, HDL decide to take a hand in their affairs!  Against
the advice of Grandma, they cook up a plot to get the two sweethearts
aboard the same cruise ship but with each one in disguise."

Being the relative Duck newbie of 5 years that I am, I have NO idea who
wrote or drew this story.  Anyone? Carl Barks, maybe?  The cover shot
shown above the parapraph shows a title, "Three Little Cupids."

* Uncle $crooge #297 (The best comic book for two years and running...)

"Of Ducks, Dimes, and Destinies" I assume this is yours, DON?  I try to
avoid all discussions of comics you've done which Gladstone will
eventually print, so I'm not totally sure.  They don't list your name in
the description, which is a tragic error on Gladstone/PREVIEW's part.

Backup: David Gerstein-scripted "No Dime for Stardom", a European story
of Scrooge's first dime in Hollyweird.

* WDC&S #602

"The Woes Garden" by WVH, involving Spelunker Donald

"The Clock Watcher" by Fred Milton, in which Donald plays custodian to a
clock collection of a magician.

"The Treasure of Croesus" by DON, which is part two, I believe.  Great
cover, BTW.

"Blaggard Castle" by Floyd Gottfredson

"Sword in the Stone" adaptation, continues

-Augie

P.S. Also CB's WDC&S in Color #49 and the final issue of Carl Barks'
Library of Donald Duck Adventures in Color (#25).