Those unsubscribers...

Jon Cato Lorentzen jonlo at ifi.uio.no
Mon Sep 4 16:42:08 CEST 1995

Rosa says:
:"unsubscribe"... or they don't read it at all -- I don't know HOW they miss
:your message at the beginning of EVERY Digest.
:        I think you need to put an ALL-CAPS notice at the each Digest's
:opening, surrounded by stars or something, which says something to the effect:

Some of the people on this list (perhaps most) do not receive the Digest,
but only the individual letters as they are sent, so they never read that
first line in the digest. Another thing is that many people will not bother
to read anything at all to get things done. They will subscribe to the list,
get a welcoming-message where it is made perfectly clear what they shold
do if they want to unsubscribe, but most people skip this, eager to read
the latest news about Lion King and The Little Mermaid. Imagine their
frustration when all the posts are about those funny animal comic books that
they have no interest in at all, so they quickly decide to leave this
forum, and send in their 'unsubscribe' messages.

The biggest problem with people jumping on and off this list, is probably
caused by having Disney in the title. No matter how much one stresses that it
concerns itself with comics, and comics only, people will still subscribe
just because it's got Disney in the title. I suggest we change the name to

   barks-gottfredson-and-related-comics-forum at minsk.docs.uu.se

:)

-jonC