Disney-comics digest #777.

Don Rosa donrosa at iglou.com
Thu Sep 7 06:36:00 CEST 1995

HARRY:
        I'm glad to hear you liked that weird chapter XI. As I said, that
was the episode that gave me the most trouble.
        You make me tear out my hair!!! WHY would the Dutch use the wrong
version of the story?! You mean they use a version that needlessly has a
repitition of the large ship-sinking panel, at the bottom of page 16 then
again on page 17? ARGH! But the only reason could be that they used the
version that was already colored by Egmont. I need to get with the editor to
tell him that I'm wasting my time doing two versions of all these stories
unless they CLOR both versions for use by these publishers!
        The American version of chapter XI, with my annotations as to ALL
the Barks references, should be out in a very short time! Maybe one week.
You need to post your quiz soon.
        I would not have drawn a windmill without finding a source to copy
from. But I'm not going to argue with a Dutchman as to what windmills look
like! I blame my reference source, whatever that was 2 1/2 years ago.
        Why not use "The Gilded Man"? It's not important that that was a
"Donald story"... it was a BARKS story. It's just that Barks had put $crooge
in Guiana and I saw the obvious reference to another old story... besides, I
was desparate to find HUMOR to put into that disjointed tale!

ARTHUR:
        Yes, as I was saying. 99% of the problem is the Internet directories
who list this NG as dealing with "Disney cartoons" without explaining what
they think they mean by "cartoons". But we should NOT inconvenience
ourselves by changing our name or find odd ways to misspell it -- I'm always
opposed to letting people who are making the errors or crimes force us to
change our behavior to suit their misdeeds. That would be admitting that the
stupid people are winning, and we're giving up. A good philosophy of life is
to never let the stupid people win. That comes close to happening in America
these days all too often.

DAVE R.:
        Someone sent me a new PICSOU (French Uncle $crooge) today since it
had a "Lo$" chapter and an article about me... and I see it also reprints
your "Tour de Jour". Oh, drat --  and I just realized I didn't look to see
what title they used there in France! That would be interesting. I'll double
check for next time. Anyway, it was in the August issue, #283.