Disney-comics digest #785.

Don Rosa donrosa at iglou.com
Fri Sep 15 13:53:00 CEST 1995

WES:
        No, Gladstone colors the comics in the old fashioned way... but they
send those guides to some coloring-company who converts that to the pretyy
computer coloring. That's an oversimplified version coming from me, who
don't really know anything about that stuff. But Gladstone does not color
the stuff ON a computer. At Egmont, they scan the original art into a
computer first off, then toss the originals in a vault, after which
everything else, coloring, lettering, etc., is all done on that computer
disc. They simply send discs to their publishing branches. When Gladstone
wants to reprint one of the stories, they hafta make a B&W photostat to send
Gladstone (and sometimes the stats are bad, as with the last episode of my
"Lo$" series, chapter X. UGH -- that looked awful!).

RAUL:
        You say you understand that the drawings belong to the artists.
That's how I and most of the rest of the planet understands it as well, but
that's not how Disney understands it, and that's the understanderer what counts.