Harry and Don

Arthur de Wolf wolfman at pi.net
Sat Sep 16 07:46:57 CEST 1995

Hi!

HARRY:
> This is all data from 1974. But I may help in Arthur's Disney comic
> country list.

Thank you very much for your information about the Disney comics
in Chile and other Southern American countries! I can sure use it!

DON:
Some time ago, I asked you how it was possible that this friend of mine
brought back a British Disney comic from Australia, while you
said that Gladstone's licence covered all of Australia and New Zealand!

You said:
> And if they sell British Disney comics in Australia, it may or may
> not be a violation of Gladstone's license. But remember --anybody can
> sell anybody's comics anywhere in a private store. It's only the national
> distributor that can't handle foreign editions. For instance, you can buy
> Gladstone comics in Europe, but ONLY at "direct sales" comic shops. They
> CAN'T be sold at the newsstands.

I asked Greg, who lives in Australia and he said that most of the news-
stands in Australia DO sell a British Disney comic called 'Mickey and
Friends'. They don't have them in comic shops though!