Disney-comics digest #787.

Don Rosa donrosa at iglou.com
Sun Sep 17 15:16:00 CEST 1995

WES:
        Why, OF COURSE, the fact that $crooge once sold lawnmowers in the
Sahara is in chapter XI of the "Lo$"! Didn't I say I missed NOTHING! NOTHING!!!
        (I wondered about that comment of $crooge's, however... how would he
learn Arabic while in the Sahara desert? The Sahara is several countries
away from Arabia.)

JOHN:
        Why was the Atlantic Ocean where the Pacific Ocean is supposed to be
on the map at the beginning of the "Lo$" chapter VIII? Because the letterer
goofed. I was worried that *I* had made that goof, but I checked my original
script and I had the right ocean in place. Letterers work fast and sometimes
read one thing and think another, I guess. One time I was talking on the
phone to that letterer (Todd Klein, the best in the bizniz) and found out
that while we were talking he was lettering a story. That means he had to be
thinking one thing and lettereing another... gosh, maybe I was talking to
him while he was lettering that map. Maybe it IS my fault! Drat!
        In the more recent Klondike story of mine, the letterer had Iceland
where Lapland is. What can I do?

        How did you manage to just now find that old issue of UNCLE $CROOGE?
You should have been buying chapter X, not VIII. I thought those $CROOGE
issues became scarce as Duck teeth a few days after they went on sale.